New to the site but not to the pain

By MaggyBunny Latest Activity November 3 at 4:06 pm Views 585 Replies 10

MaggyBunny

I just recently got diagnosed with fibromyalgia but have had some of the symptoms for 10 or so years. I've also got compressed fractures in my spine that cause me issues now and again. I've suffered from migraines since I was in high school. My doctor has me on gabapentin and has been slowly increasing the dosage to help with the fibromyalgia nerve pain, and I'm starting to wonder if it isn't weakening my muscles, I cant want for long distances anymore without the use of my cane of walker (I'm only 35). I'm hoping to find a support group here and people that I can talk with and relate too, there aren't a whole lot of people in my area that understand what I'm going thru

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (10 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • MaggyBunny
    MaggyBunny November 14 at 8:18 pm   

I have a few close people who support me, but just found out my dr is closing his practice in a month and a half and no one in my area is taking on chronic pain patients 😕 But I am glad that I found this site.

• Dr Gary
    Dr GaryCA November 12 at 8:34 pm   

Hey MaggyBunny, I am so glad you are here, my friend. Really sorry to hear you have had so much to deal with. I hope you have people in your life who are there for you, giving you lots of support. We are here for you too. So I hope you will stay in touch with us!