hi

By gemmalouie Latest Activity October 4 at 6:05 am Views 1,033 Replies 3

gemmalouie

hi im new to this, im currently waiting to be diagnosed for fibromyalgia. my fiance of 6 years has walked out on me a week ago, he doesnt understand about this condition at all, he keeps saying that i blame my issues (depression,anxiety etc..) on the condition when its nothing to do with it. its me! and hes also told me he cant see me going back to work as iv been off for around a month due to not being able to drive or do basic house chores. really looking for some help and advice

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (3 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Dr Gary
    Dr GaryCA October 24 at 5:13 pm   

HI gemmalouie, it's great to meet you. I am glad you found your way to us. I have so often talked to my clients about how their partner doesn't really understand what it is like to live with their condition, and is as a result very unhelpful. Really sorry to hear you are going through this. And from your other post, I see that you are getting mixed signals. I know that's hard. Glad to read that you have supportive people around you, and that you are reaching out to them. I hope the appointment at the hospital went well. Can you give us an update? You might also consider talking with a counselor at some point, or maybe you and your fiancé could meet with a couples counselor. Something to think about. I hope you will stay in touch and let us know how you are doing. Take good care of yourself!

• aleahk
    aleahk October 5 at 2:21 pm   
    Edited October 5 at 2:21 pm by aleahk

Wow gemma it sounds like you're going through a lot right now. That's tough when it feels like no one understands you and your condition. Do you have anyone near you that you can meet with in person? Sometimes talking to a good friend and getting out of the house can be so refreshing. Keep us updated!

• gemmalouie
    gemmalouie October 12 at 4:37 am   

A lot has happened since my last post, he's been giving me mixed signals all the time telling me he doesn't wat to be with me but then on a different day acts like he does. Throwing it in my face that he has to pay for everything saying I'm never going go back to work… really am at a low point. That's all I'm doing is breaking down. I do have really good family and friends and they talk to me daily. Iv also got a hospital appointment on Monday so fingers crossed I can get my life back