Little bumps under the skin

By MissPuff Latest Activity August 16, 2012 at 4:52 pm Views 2,142 Replies 6 Likes 1

MissPuff

I have read quite a bit about FMS but don't remember coming across this symptom & was wondering if anyone else has the same thing.

Just about everywhere on my body, under my skin, I feel little bumps like little beads. There are so many of them - I put my finger on, say my arm, & I feel at least 3-5 of them. And they are increasing in body coverage & number all the time.

Now, I also have Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome. These "beads" may actually be from the CMP, where my myofascial layer has been damaged, but my whole body? I just don't know what these are.

Can anyone explain this?
Shelia

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (6 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • W Fox
    W Fox August 16, 2012 at 9:06 pm   

I cant offer an explaination but I also have a lot of little bumps and I havent been dx with CMP. I have one bump in particular on the outside of my thigh that gets tender to the touch just before my cycle. But, yes, they are in my arms, back, legs and noticed one on my face.

• MissPuff
    MissPuff August 17, 2012 at 10:53 pm   

Well, I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one with these bumps. I have assumed that they are from FMS & CMP. When FMS was first being recognized, the medical info my doctor gave me then said that the muscle fibers were being torn. Now fms is described as being over-sensitive nerve reactions or something. I went in & out of PT for years with the focus being on the fms. I would be okay for a couple of weeks, then I couldn't move & would take weeks to be able to function "normally" again. In my research, I have learned that PT for FMS works against & makes CMP worse. I wonder if that is our situation. I hope we hear from more members.

• W Fox
    W Fox August 18, 2012 at 12:57 am   

I was talking with my sister today about this because I know she has the little bumps too. Thank you for sharing what you've learned.

• MissPuff
    MissPuff August 18, 2012 at 10:32 am   

I'm glad I could give you a little more info. If you ever get a chance, read some books or excepts of books from the leading authority on FMS & CMP, Devon Starlynal - one of her websites is "http://homepages.sover.net/~devstar/" I can't remember the other website, but I'm sure it would be easy to find be typing in her name. I often go back to her website, but I have never seen anything about bumps under the skin, but I may have overlooked it.

My bumps aren't tender as yours are, there are just sooo many of them. Even my blood veins are all large knots or bumps, which makes it increasingly difficult to draw blood or insert IV's because my veins will blow so easily. Again, I don't know if this is from FMS or not, so I'm trying to find out if others have similar problems.

Does your sister also have FMS?

• W Fox
    W Fox August 23, 2012 at 7:54 pm   

Thank you for the website, I'll take a look. My sister has major spinal problems from an accident but she also has FM as does my younger brother.

• MissPuff
    MissPuff August 24, 2012 at 12:52 am   

It's amazing the things we have in common, counting your siblings. I was talking to one of my medical team today about these bumps & she felt them. She confirmed that they ARE from FMS - caused by the fibers in the muscles tearing & healing. The bumps are scars. She was surprised to feel how many & how close to each other that these bumps are & said it is definite evidence of me having it for many years.

We also talked about the TV commercials that are so misleading - the ones that have someone say they were sore & aching, that their doctor diagnosed them with FMS which is thought to be an over-active nerve condition. Commercials like that can mislead so many people because they don't tell the truth about FMS. It isn't just pain, fatigue & stiffness, the fibers in the muscles are being torn. Anyway, I'm glad to know about the bumps.

I mentioned the things we have in common - you said your sister has major spine problems from an accident. I have that too. As time passes, I am having more spells of paralysis. I don't know if it will become permanent - I have been told I will be, but who knows when? I hope her doctors can help her.

I hope the extra bit of info helps. And I hope you can learn more from the link I gave you. Take care.
    Shelia