WEIRD pains....?

By akawicce Latest Activity November 9, 2011 at 11:15 pm Views 3,498 Replies 14 Likes 3

akawicce

I have no idea why, but tonight the TOP of my right foot hurts, like right on top of the tarsal area, I guess? I didn't hit it against anything, I didn't drop anything on it, there's no scratches or bruises or anything. The way it hurts, it feels like the way it would if I had JUST smacked it off the corner of the desk or something, like that sharp, stabbing pain. But yet I didn't do anything to it. And it comes and goes. It's not steady.

This kind of thing is nothing new to me. All my life I've had these weird, unaccounted-for strange pains that come and go like this, never in the same place twice, and when it's like this, without ANY reason whatsoever.

These are the kinds of pains that people say are in my head. Psycho-somatic, when they are being generous, hypochondria when they are not.

It's not a muscle pain. It literally feels like the bones cracked. However, I've broken bones in my foot before (other foot though) so I know what THAT feels like, and that ain't this. *sigh*

And how/what do you do or take for pains that come and go and don't seem to belong anywhere?

Am I the only one? Probably not, but I'd love to know for sure… thanks!

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (14 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • akshayv
    akshayv July 20 at 4:28 am   

I walked around the mall for hours and my feet didn't hurt, not heal pain or pain on the sides of my feet. Before I got these I got a pair of orthofeet which I also like and have had no problems with and they have seems to made my hip stop hurting. Too early to say if these will help my hip but second day wearing them and my feet felt great.

• Desparatelyseekingkim
    Desparatelyseekingkim August 12, 2012 at 2:18 pm   

I love when these questions resurface for those of us not around for the first time. I really hadn't heard anyone else talk of foot pain…guess it hasn't come up but I know that is definitely one of my biggest limitations, if I'm standing over 2 hours my feet start to swell. Prior to my diagnosis I had bad cases of plantar fasciaitis (sp?) and eventually had surgery on my left foot bc I felt like I was walking on a rock! I am well past the time of healing and my inside ankles both swell and the bottoms of my feet hurt and that will quickly send me home from any event…I always thought it was non healing etc but where it was located didn't make sense…now I know.

• NikkiMirage
    NikkiMirage August 11, 2012 at 11:46 pm   

I also have this foot pain, although mine usually lasts anywhere from 3-5 days and it will come and go during those days. It will hurt so bad one hour I can't get to the bathroom but the next hour doesn't hurt at all. Anti-imflammatories do nothing to help, either does rubbing, soaking, or elevating. Yet I know if I were to go to the doctor and get it x-rayed they would say nothing is wrong. The exact same kind of pain happens in my thumb, pinky, wrist, toes, and hip/pelvic. All show up for no reason and disappear the same way. I have never been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but after experiencing this pain for over a decade I can't find any other explanation.

• Desparatelyseekingkim
    Desparatelyseekingkim August 12, 2012 at 1:54 pm   

Today it's right shoulder and right knee, my shoulder bone hurts with a fan blowing air on it and the muscle in my upper arm just hurts…I know that nod and smile Pandora… You know you're experienced when you know "the weird pains" verses the oh no pains!

• NikkiMirage
    NikkiMirage September 10, 2012 at 6:22 pm   

I woke up in the middle of the night with my hip in excruciating pain. I wasn't even sleeping on the hip that hurts so I don't get it. It's obviously inflamed but for no reason. Ugh, how does one get diagnosed with fibromyalgia when everyone looks at you like you're just always in pain so it doesn't even matter?

• PandorasPandemonium
    PandorasPandemonium November 11, 2011 at 8:00 am   

I expierence weird pains and symptoms on a daily basis, and when I mention them to the so called "normal people" they look at me like I am insane. I just tell them that it is all part of "The Fibromyalgia Expierence". LOL Now they just nod and smile. : )

• W Fox
    W Fox November 11, 2011 at 3:55 pm   

I can relate to that Pandora. The feeling/comments I get are that things will get better or they just dont believe.

• PandorasPandemonium
    PandorasPandemonium November 10, 2011 at 5:00 pm   

My body pains move mysteriously around at random, and involve my entire body. A lot of them are always present in the same areas, just more severe at times, and according to my fatique level, activity, weather, season… The roaming pains also include swelling, and may last for hours, days, weeks, or years. Especially when I stand too long, or walk too much, or do nothing like that at all, both of my feet swell, especially the balls on the bottom, and on the tops. I get a swollen lump on the top of my foot, and a lot of times I can't fit into my shoes. This is very painful, too painful to touch, and usually last for months, than disappear for months at a time, just as quickly and mysteriously as they came. I have seen a foot doctor, who prescribed three different kinds of shoe inserts and braces. However, there is no comfortable way to wear these devices, because my shoes are already so tight from the swelling, that there is no room left for them to fit. A larger shoe does not fit right either. It is hard to describe, and I don't know if my description will make sense to you, because it barely makes sense to me, and I am the one who wrote it. LOL I join you in the *sigh*.

• Desparatelyseekingkim
    Desparatelyseekingkim August 12, 2012 at 2:29 pm   

This is one of those times that I read your words and hear myself (don't know if you saw my comments to earlier comments that you remind me of me!) it takes me as long to dress my feet as it does to get dressed I have to wear orthotics (impossible to shop for shoes they don't fit in my size bigger is just weird and my feet hurt when I shop lol) and I have to wear support hose due to my surgery…can't wear them during summer I do have some pride.

• PAIN AT THE SLIGHTEST TOUCH
    PAIN AT THE SLIGHTEST TOUCH November 10, 2011 at 12:29 pm   

I have those same foot pains akawicce. I just rub and rub and rub it until it feels a bit better. I've tried asking someone else to rub it for me, but they always say no.

• akawicce
    akawicce November 10, 2011 at 7:19 pm   

my bf rubbed my foot this morning but since the pain comes and goes it's not really helpful to rub it, it goes away and comes back either way

• W Fox
    W Fox November 10, 2011 at 12:39 am   

Hi, Willow Fox here… No, you are not alone and now I know I'm not alone with that type of pain. This kind of pain, on the tops of my feet, has been with me for a long time. I thought it was from over doing things, like I used to walk ten miles a day, but since walking is completely out of the picture I still have that pain! I used to take motrin and wrap my feet and ankles before going for a walk and that seemed to help though I havent tried wrapping my feet lately. Massaging the tops of my feet helps temporarily but then my hands start to hurt! Btw, I've also had this happen to my hands especially around the thumb area. It actually felt like my hand was sprained. I also get this in my hips/groin area. Last year a chipmunk got in the house via my cat and it jumped at me, I jumped or thought I had jumped and hurt my right hip. I ended up going to the emergency room because I couldnt bear much weight on my leg. The ER doc and radiologist got a good chuckle after I told them what happened (I thought it was kindof funny too, but it hurt!). The ER doc said I sprained my hip.

• akawicce
    akawicce November 10, 2011 at 7:19 pm   

ouch hip sprain… I've started having pain in my hands periodically but I'm pretty sure that's arthritis pain, my grandmother had it too. I'm not talking Rheumatoid, but just old fashioned arthritis. She used to get some relief washing dishes in hot, hot water and soaking her hands. I have to use my hands for work, and when it happens (like now) I have trouble typing, and a LOT of trouble shuffling the cards (I read cards for a living)

Today is the first day of rain after a week or more of sunny days. So of course I'm not surprised my hands are acting up. My foot still hurts on and off since last night but now the severity is much less. It kept me up ALL NIGHT though, since the pain would randomly come and go, it kept waking me up all night when it would hit.

funny thing is the pain did not in any way lessen my ability to put weight on it, or anything. no effect on functionality. And at times I almost wanted to stamp my foot, like an itch or when your foot falls asleep, but when it really hurt it was like a bang to the shin kind of thing.

I hate this. Ugh…

• PandorasPandemonium
    PandorasPandemonium November 10, 2011 at 5:01 pm   

Darn cat… LOL I hope that you are feeling better. : )