How many of us really have a bedtime routine?

By kaiya2465 Latest Activity October 31, 2011 at 5:18 pm Views 1,242 Replies 27 Likes 6

kaiya2465

I have a little one starting @ 7pm…I shut the T.V. off, dim the lights, turn on some soft spa sounds & concentrate on breathing. What do you do?

Thanks

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (27 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Desparatelyseekingkim
    Desparatelyseekingkim August 3, 2012 at 2:48 pm   

My sleep hygiene is horrible…I have always been a night owl so when I worked I was exhausted would come home late from work eat and fallmasleep quickly on couch then would wake around 1 a.m. Then head to bed and nothing short of a mattress fire would get me up. My husband had to wake me up everyday…I was queen of the snooze alarm! Then came fibromyalgia and unfortunately peri menopause…I didn't stand a chance with sleeping. The menopause symptoms have subsided but I still do not sleep well…I do everything wrong stay up til around 2 take Melatonin and at least now I'm sleeping 4-5 hours. I do think I may try a routine…thanks. Now that I'm not working I don't "worry" about getting up and rather enjoy no phone ringing…everything quiet, etc.

• CraftBaby53
    CraftBaby53 November 21, 2011 at 1:57 am   

Routines work great,but we all need to just learn this is for life and we have the choice to be neg. or poss.. I choose to be poss. and stick to my routines. I follow morning,noon,evening,and bedtime routines that help me through each of the time periods of the day. The most important to me is my noon rest and my bedtime. I don't go to bed as early as most of you but that's because I have PTSD from my Military time during Nam. The most important thing is the noontime as it helps so much. I shower which is usually my second one followed by a comfortable gown,journal,and book. I may not sleep but I set my alarm for only an hour long rest, any longer it can cause me a problem at night. I eat lunch after my rest as I find it too hard to rest when full. I just found this site tonight and hope to use it more often as no one understand fibro. unless you have other than the great Dr. I have.

• valentine lady
    valentine lady November 7, 2011 at 5:02 pm   

Kayla2465: I have a regular routine that I follow faithfully. First I clean my face and apply moisturizer (I'm at that age) get into a gown and my fuzzy robe. I write down all the foods I ate that day and leave a space for my nightime snack. My BS drops terribly at night so I need something to keep it up, like fresh fruit. Then I journal. That's the best part. Off goes the T.V. and I put on some Kenny G or something like that and I journal. After, I get in bed and read the paper, then by 9:00pm it's lights out for me. I'm a early riser. Hugs, Valentine Lady

• kaiya2465
    kaiya2465 November 8, 2011 at 6:42 am   

I have been naughty lately(lol) I usually shut everything down at 7pm but have not been doing it for a few days. I have 2 doctor appts coming up & I think it may be messing with my sleep. I took all electronics out of the bedroom, I banned them.

• PandorasPandemonium
    PandorasPandemonium November 8, 2011 at 6:48 am   

Oh KAIYA, you ARE a naughty girl… LOL Doctors appointments stress me out because I am always worried that I won't have the energy to drive myself there and get myself back home. I pretty much know what they are going to say in advance, so I don't really worry about that aspect of the appointment. Give yourself a break, and do what you have to do to make it work. …it's okay to be naughty every now and then…actually…it is down right FUN… LOL

• kaiya2465
    kaiya2465 November 8, 2011 at 6:59 am   

I am hoping the doctor is wrong on diagnosing me with prediabetes…the only thing on that list that is true with is that I have had babies weighing over 9lbs. No family history of diabetes, I eat healthy & exercise the best I can as my body lets me. I am prepared either way though I think.

• PandorasPandemonium
    PandorasPandemonium November 8, 2011 at 7:15 am   

KAIYA, I am no doctor, but there is a possibility to turn that diagnosis around. You are only in the pre state. Whatever the end result, you can count on me to help you through it. : )

• kaiya2465
    kaiya2465 November 8, 2011 at 7:19 am   

That is what I am hoping for. Thank you are a very kind person. I will update as soon as I can on this…Hugs

• PandorasPandemonium
    PandorasPandemonium November 8, 2011 at 8:08 am   

KAIYA, we are kind to each other, no scores counted, and that is what matters…please keep me informed…comforting hugs, your friend, Pandora : )

• kaiya2465
    kaiya2465 November 8, 2011 at 9:05 am   

I agree, makes life a whole lot better…Thank you

• PandorasPandemonium
    PandorasPandemonium November 8, 2011 at 5:30 am   

VALENTINE LADY, I save calories for my bedtime snack too. I don't have a BS problem, but I do have a growing gut issue. LOL I find that Kenny G is relaxing and soothing, and the journaling is a great idea. I kinda use this site as my outlet. It is safe and constructive. Your bedtime routine sounds perfect. Sweet dreams to ya, friend. Hugs, Pandora : )

• valentine lady
    valentine lady November 8, 2011 at 12:48 pm   

Pandora: It may not be perfect for everyone, but sure is for me. That was a good question to pose to the group, I really enjoyed it, Hugs…Valentine Lady

• PandorasPandemonium
    PandorasPandemonium November 10, 2011 at 5:05 pm   

VALEINTINE LADY, I am happy to hear that you found what works best for you. Hugs, Pandora : )

• dwjames
    dwjames November 2, 2011 at 6:11 pm   

My dogs start going crazy about 11pm, it is their bedtime so off to bed we go. I always wash my face and apply my anti-aging serums & creams ;-) I love putting on my flannel pj's this time of year. They are so soft & comforting. It is a rare occasion when I fall asleep on my own so I am up 'til 2 or 3 am when I finally break down and take a sleeping pill. I've tried your routine Kaiya2465 but my mind is always racing. I bought a book on meditation and I am going to give that a try, sometime…soon.

• PandorasPandemonium
    PandorasPandemonium November 4, 2011 at 6:21 pm   

DWJAMES, you should read those meditation books while you are awake at night. LOL In fact, I should do the same with my meditation books which still remain unopened. : ) I wash my face and use all of those anti-aging potions too, and I wear my fleece Hello Kitty pj's. : )

• kaiya2465
    kaiya2465 November 4, 2011 at 7:36 pm   

Open them books Pand­oras­Pand­emon­ium…lol

• PandorasPandemonium
    PandorasPandemonium November 8, 2011 at 5:31 am   

KAIYA, LOL, thinking about it is the first step. ; )

• kaiya2465
    kaiya2465 November 8, 2011 at 6:38 am   

You are right, but opening them might just be the added touch…Hugs

• kaiya2465
    kaiya2465 November 2, 2011 at 6:46 pm   

My dogs know "last call" is the last part of the bedtime routine. But they sure know in turn when it's time for me to get up @ 5am. LOL

• PandorasPandemonium
    PandorasPandemonium November 2, 2011 at 7:18 pm   

Too cute!!!! : )

• PandorasPandemonium
    PandorasPandemonium November 1, 2011 at 5:36 pm   

KAIYA, your routine sounds lovely. So pleasant and relaxing. : ) I must confess that I am a spontanious person, and my life is all over the place. When my fiance' is home, he wants to be doing something every second that he is awake, and we get home when our mission is done. When I am home alone and he is away at work, I get ready for bed whenever I feel like calling it a day. I put of my cute Hello Kitty pajamas, and either relax on the couch, or crawl into bed, where I lie and can't fall asleep anyway, unless that is something that I really want to watch on TV. LOL I do have a routine according to the days of the week, where I visit people according to their work schedual.

• kaiya2465
    kaiya2465 November 1, 2011 at 5:41 pm   

It seems like your a very busy person.

• PandorasPandemonium
    PandorasPandemonium November 1, 2011 at 6:18 pm   

I am a busy person…now…a lot has changed…long long story…

• kaiya2465
    kaiya2465 November 1, 2011 at 6:20 pm   

I hope it's a good change…Hugs

• PandorasPandemonium
    PandorasPandemonium November 1, 2011 at 6:21 pm   

Yes, I am hopeing that it is finally my happy ending… : )

• kaiya2465
    kaiya2465 November 1, 2011 at 6:23 pm   

I am happy for you, best wishes for your happy ending.

• PandorasPandemonium
    PandorasPandemonium November 1, 2011 at 6:28 pm   

Thanks so much!! : ) I wish the best for you, too!!!!!!!!!! : )